Slican PBXes linking
Today, when we work often in a distributed organizational structures (headquarters, branches, warehouses, delegations, etc.), it became extremely important to use solutions that ensure reliable communication between distributed entities. To respond quickly to new business opportunities and competitive challenges, every organization must provide excellent communication both with the external world, as within its own structures.Many companies and institutions work with different communication systems.
Each of them requires different solutions, specialist support, provide separate reports, etc. Its management is difficult, time consuming and costly. PBX linking improves organizational efficiency and is cheaper than maintaining of separate devices.
In today’s world organizational or geographical boundaries, do not constitute any obstacles to business.
Working with customers from different country regions, you have to stay in contact with your company specialists or departments located in other buildings or even cities.
Slican offers solutions and tools to make communication easier.
By creating an unified communications network we have to keep in mind aspect of convenience and simplicity of solutions, used every day by workers, as well as the expected economic results of implementing the project of free communication between offices.
What are the benefits of networking exchanges?
- Lower call costs between offices – the connections are treated as internal – free calls.
- Attractive conditions of purchase (wholesale buying).
- Lower cost of network service and support – one service-team in all divisions – online access to all devices.
- Shared applications, a simplified structure.
- Managing the entire network, all devices and additional applications from a single management platform – less time needed for maintanace and service, lower work costs.
- Solution scalability up to customer needs.
- A high level of network security, voice and data transmission.
- Homogeneous system of analysis and reporting of communication events.
- Proven technologies and solutions.
- SYSTEM stability.
- Every server in the network is autonomous – regardless of the failure of one device or the operator network, the other PBX works and realizes calls.
- Easy and pleasant service for network users – uniform internal numbering.
- The homogeneous structure – identical and reliable solutions in all points (offices).
- Access via a single device to analogue, ISDN, IP and GSM calls.
- One suite of support calls applications (billing, traffic analysis, etc.).
- New marketing tool in relations with customers (convenient numbering plans).
- Intuitive administrative visual platform for network management – service by one administrator from one stand – workplace.
- Work schedules and automation of repetitive events.
How to link PBXes, so a little technique
Contact Slican distributor, who will define with you an optimal Slican network solution for your business. Narrow down your needs – what for you need PBXes, how they should work, what should be fundamental benefit of linking.
Check the possibility of implementing expected solutions (your operator’s network, private network, VPN). Contact your communication vendor or ask Slican Distributor for verification and optimization of offer you are using.
Our distributor, based on your needs and suggestion will offer you specific Slican products.
PBXes are linked by E1 (PRI) or VoIP. The choice of technology is based on verification, which should be available for customer and what for it will be used.
Determine how you want to build network of PBXes. Connected PBXes can create clusters – then they work side by side. This solution is used when we want to get the “capacity” (number of subscribers / extensions) in system, higher than is available just form one device. The network can also be distributed – this is a solution in which different devices are connected, in different – often remote – locations. Each of them works as a standalone device independently of the connection from the main PBX.
Slican responding to the challenges of modern organizations has created a new generation of networking protocol eSSL (extended Slican Smart Link). Its capabilities include:
Building Network up to several thousands of users:
- up to 3999 linked extensions
- up to 15 linked PBXes in one network
- linked systems – all Slican servers with firmware no 6.20 or higher*
- subscribers from different PBXes can belong to one group
PBXes connected into one system send to each other:
- information about PBX type and serial number
- extension number and subscribers description
- port status: free, damaged, called, DND
- information about extension – subscriber, account, group, sensor and PBX door phone
- transfer of rights and access classes
Phone book in eSSL networks:
- each PBX in network knows configuration of other systems – so internal calls between linked PBXes are automatic and do not require programming.
- internal phone book includes list of all subscribers from linked PBXes with the exception of subscribers described as “does not show an extension in the extensions directory”.
- printing of system Phone key description label – individual settings in accordance to system phone type, font type and color.
Convenience and safety of a new networking with eSSL protocol:
- trunk failure in eSSL network – all connections will be established automatically – PBX will switch into connection via PSTS line.
- if whole eSSL calls are routed via one PBX and one PSTN trunk – to describe costs of calls it is enough to use one Slican BillingMAN base.
More about Slican IP PBXes linking using new extended Slican Smart Link protocol read on Slican Wiki pages.
* excluding IPM-032.L and IPS-08.103 low cost version